Warehouses are not all created equal, but many have applications where a hand truck can make things more productive. If you are moving larger items around, but don’t need the power of a fork lift or power stacker, then there are a variety of heavy-duty hand trucks that can help. Equally, if you are moving smaller items like a stack of boxes, then a lighter-duty hand truck can be indispensable.
Wesco manufactures a wide variety of hand trucks that can be used in a number of different applications to improve your productivity. Here are just a few of the different applications where a hand truck can be a big help:
Heavy Upright Loads that Need Extra Support
If you are using a hand truck to move a large and/or heavy piece of equipment such as a freezer or vending machine, you will need some added support. In this instance it is important to consider a hand truck that will allow you to place the device into position when upright and then easily tilt back into a position to move the load where desired without breaking your back!
Two valuable additions to the standard hand truck are available in the Wesco Heavy Duty model below. First there is a kick out set of wheels that allows for four-wheel movement so that you are not manually balancing the load when transporting. Secondly, the fulcrum system makes the truck tilting much safer and easier to perform.
- Heavy Duty Auto-rewind Appliance Truck with Swivel Casters: The auto-rewind truck has a construction of heavy duty 1” steel tubing for strength and durability. The truck can be used in 4-wheel or 2-wheel mode with a swivel caster carriage available to kick out when you need 4-wheel support. A dynamic lever activated fulcrum system changes as the truck is tilted so that the break over effort is decreased. Included are 2 webbed cargo belts, which are tightened with ratchet tighteners to provide maximum load security. The wheels are 10” poly hub with 6” swivel casters in the rear. Dimensions are 72 – 78” in height, 16” in depth, and 27” in width with an amazing load capacity of 1,800 lbs.
Choose a Hand Truck with Easy Storage for Lighter Loads
There are countless times when you need to transport a pile of boxes or other small items either around your warehouse, onto a truck or into your manufacturing environment. A simple hand truck is a quick and easy way to get the job done.
The model below adds the additional benefit of folding so that you can easily store the unit, especially if smaller loads are infrequent in your warehouse. You also have the option of sending this smaller hand truck along with a delivery driver to help with the unloading of cargo.
- Wesco SuperLite Folding Truck Model 220617: With an all aluminum frame that provides great strength and a compact weight, this model fold-up truck from Wesco is small but mighty. For shock absorption without marking the floor, this model includes 7” rubber tread wheels with a 1.5” thickness. The cart also has a space saving folding design that allows it to fit into a car trunk or small storage space when not in use. Elastic straps are included to secure loads and the load capacity of this hand truck is 175 lbs. Dimensions in use are 15.5” in width, 41” in height, 17.5” in depth with a weight of just 11.4 lbs.The unit folds to 19” x 29.5” x 2” with a height adjustment of 29.5” to 42”.
The 5-in-1 is THE Ideal!
Sometimes you need more than just a hand truck, such as a platform truck or cart, but what if you only wanted one piece of equipment to do all of these jobs? This is where you should consider the Greenline Economical 5-in-1. This unit works like a hand truck and can also double as a platform truck or cart should the need arise. For a smaller warehouse with limited space or budget for equipment, this is the perfect product to consider.
- Greenline Economical 5-in-1: For an incredibly versatile hand truck, consider this economical design that includes 5 separate positions:
- 2-wheel standard hand truck
- 4-wheel hand truck in tilted 45-degree position
- 2-wheel hand truck with folding nose extension
- 4-wheel platform truck with nose extension raised
- 4-wheel platform truck with nose extension lowered
When considering these five positions, you have a truck that can be used in almost any application, including a replacement for a platform truck. The durable hand truck frame is a 14 gauge 1” welded tubular steel frame with a recessed folding nose-plate (Nose plate measures 11” x 29”). The standard beveled nose-plate is 14” in width and 8.5” in depth. When in the full 4-wheel position, the bed size is 13.75” x 49.50”. The unit includes 10” pneumatic tires and 3.5” rear urethane swivel casters. Load capacities are 600 lbs. in all positions. Overall dimensions are 51.5” in height, 22” in width, and 19.5” in depth with a weight of 56 lbs.
For Hand Trucks and Great Service Look to Douglas Equipment
When looking for a hand truck, you want to make sure that all of your needs are met. The dedicated team at Douglas Equipment knows how to make this happen. We have been in the business of material handling equipment and quality casters since 1955. Soif you need a hand truck, or any other material handling equipment, why not call us today? Call us toll free at 1-800-451-0030. We can also be contacted online. One of our knowledgeable service team members will get back to you as soon as possible!