With the many different caster suppliers that Douglas Equipment works with, we are very likely to have a standard caster that will meet your needs, in fact Colson Casters alone has over 35,000 standard models, but what if you need a caster for a specialty purpose? These instances are where the Colson Specialty Casters are ideal.
The team at Douglas Equipment can work with engineers at Colson to design the right caster that will meet your unique needs after we have found out exactly what you need the caster to do. In this way we can make sure that you get the right caster for your specific task at hand. Some examples of specially designed casters Colson has to offer are unique shock absorbing casters used in cleaning machines and casters with conductive rubber wheels used on missile stands.
Special Designs Have Become Standard
Some of these specialty designs have proven so useful that Colson has found many uses for them and turned them into their own line of Specialty casters. As you can tell from the specifications, these casters are designed and built for tough and punishing conditions that would cause other casters to fail. If your specific conditions include those in the specifications below, you might want to consider one of these casters for your unique application.
Here are some of the unique casters that Colson has designed for extremely specific applications. They have become so popular that they are now part of our specialty caster line.
- Business Machine Casters: These heavy-duty top plate swivel casters are built for harsh conditions. Made with a corrosion resistant zinc finish, hardened double ball bearing raceways and ultra-tough thermoplastic wheels that resist hard impacts and support high dynamic loads, these casters can operate in temperatures ranging from -45F to 180F. With 3” diameter wheels, some typical applications include computer racks, vending machines, server cabinets and anywhere else that overall load height is restricted. Standard load capacities are 500 pounds, 700 pounds, and 1200 pounds. Optional models are also available that are rigid, include a brake or have other additional finish options.
- Convertible Hand Truck Casters – 2 Series: These hand truck casters include a zinc plated finish which is attractive and durable, 3/8” bolted axle and feature polyolefin thread guard for durability and performance. The standard mounting is a 1” X 2 ½” long stem with one mounting hole to secure the caster in place on the hand truck. Compatible with many different nationally branded convertible hand trucks, these casters make great replacements and can include an optional side brake. Caster capacity is 250 pounds.
- Stainless Steel Precision – 2 series: For handling punishing and corrosive conditions, there is nothing like stainless steel. These casters are ergonomically friendly and durable with stainless steel precision swivel raceways for maximum roll and swivel ease. The top plate is made of thick steel for maximum durability, high impact strength, and includes a zero-end play for the swivel mechanism. Typical applications include medical applications, autoclave operations or anywhere the wash down of equipment is required. These casters are maintenance free with permanently sealed precision bearings in metal housings. Wheel diameters are 5” and the load capacity is 300 pounds and wheel material selections include performa flat tread, polyolefin, TPR Hi-Temp and Polyurethane Hi-Tech.
- Contour Solus: These Euro-Design casters combine a sleek modern look with the functionality of a total lock mechanism. The unique shell design of the caster helps keep dirt out of the internal mechanisms for long service life, and the outer shell can be removed from the caster for access to the internal braking mechanism for routine maintenance. Standard features include a foot brake that is easily engaged to lock both the swivel and the wheel rotation, quiet operation, and an aluminum shell to hide the nuts and bolts of the caster construction. Precision brakes reduce maintenance and improve maneuverability and the precision axle is built to exacting tolerances for smooth operation and extended life. Typical applications include medical and diagnostic equipment, electronic equipment, computer equipment and high-tech products. These casters come in a wide variety of colors, have either 4” or 5” wheel diameters, and load capacities of 220 pounds and 242 pounds respectively for each wheel size.
- Kick Stop Casters: The Colson Kick Stop casters give the benefits of a twin wheel design with the convenience of a foot brake to lock both the wheel and swivel simultaneously. The two-wheel design allows both wheels to spin independently for easier turning in tight spots and improved stability, and the foot brake is easily engaged to lock both wheels. The unit is a strong pressure die cast metal construction for maximum reliability and lasting performance. The precision axle is built for extended service life and smooth operation, the body and wheel centers are die cast aluminum, and the standard finish is white or ball burnished and lacquered. The options for wheel size are 3” & 4” with 132-pound capacity and 5” wheels with 175-pound capacity.
When You Want Specialty Casters Call Douglas Equipment
When you have a special task that needs to be completed, getting the right caster can ensure the task at hand is completed with improved efficiency. The team at Douglas Equipment has learned what it takes to source the highest quality casters in our almost 60 years of proudly serving the material handling industry. Our dedicated and knowledgeable professionals are confident that we can help you find a caster that not only meets your unique needs, but also falls well within your budget.
If you are ready to discuss the options available for casters that will meet your unique needs, give Douglas Equipment a call. If you are local to South Florida you can call us at 305-888-3700, and national customers can call us toll free at 800-451-0030. If you would prefer, we can also be contacted online and one of our service team members will get back to you as soon as possible to answer all of your questions.