If you need casters you can always go down to the local hardware store or renovation retailer and find what you need, right? This would be true if all casters were equal and could do any job, but this is simply not the case. Casters come with hard or soft wheels, brakes or no brakes, swivel or fixed wheels and many different materials, coatings and wheel constructions. This is why it is important to find the right caster for your specific purpose.
Here are three reasons why wholesale casters are a better way to go:
- Price: The Biggest Reason to Choose Wholesale
Retail outlets have costs that wholesalers don’t have. This is just a fact. Without a storefront dwelling, we don’t have any display areas, on the floor sales people, or the expenses from running tills and supplying security. With all of these savings from not having retail expenses, we can offer our customers a much better price than a retail store. By passing these savings along to you, we can help get our customers the most cost effective casters.
- Selection: More Choices Makes it Easier to Find the Right Caster
Because we are not stocking shelves in a retail outlet, we don’t have to watch the specific inventory levels we keep, and we don’t have a large portion of our facility taken up by display areas. Because of this, we can offer a wider selection than a retail outlet that needs to pick and choose what they will stock due to inventory concerns and space limitations. We also work with more manufacturers directly and have the ability to supply from their entire catalogs rather than a few simple or common casters that might sell easily.
Here are a few of the casters we can stock from three different suppliers. This type of choice you can’t get when shopping retail:
- Colson Kick Stop Casters: Colson Kick Stop casters provide a foot brake, which can conveniently lock both the swivel and the wheel at the same time along with twin wheel design benefits. The two-wheel design provides easier turning in tight spots and improves stability because it allows both wheels to spin independently. Additionally, the foot brake is easily engaged to lock both wheels. The precision axle is built for extended service life and smooth operation, the body and wheel centers are die cast aluminum, and standard finish is white or ball burnished and lacquered. The unit is a strong pressure die cast metal construction for maximum reliability and lasting performance. Wheel options are 3” and 4” wheels with 132 lb. capacity and 5” wheels with capacity of 175 lbs.
- GH/GHR Series Top Plate industrial caster: Bestway Casters manufactures these exceptional casters with a double ball race and extreme stiffening on the fork sides to produce one of the most durable and strongest casters available with 2” face wheels. This attractive caster has gold colored dichromate zinc plating for an attractive look and can optionally include a heavy duty total lock brake to lock both the swivel and the wheel with one push of a pedal (not available on the 4” model). These casters are ideal in the sandblasting and garbage container industries where rough usage is normal. Wheels are 2” wide with diameters of 4”, 5”, 6” and 8” and wheel material options of Phenolic, Ductile Iron (crowned), Laminated Phenolic, Solid Elastomer (crowned), and Star-tech Urethane. Capacities can go up to 1,650 lbs.
- Shepherd Bassick Honcho OS/OR Series: Perfect for terminal trucks, power-towed applications or other heavy, abusive applications. The Bassick Honcho OS/OR is a heavy-duty caster that is built to take significant abuse, carry a lot of weight yet, still remain strong and dependable. Caster capacities range from 1,500 – 1,750 lbs. for the larger loads you need to move. Wheel material options include steel or urethane on aluminum, and come in wheel diameters of 5”, 6” and 8”.
- Quality: Superior Casters = Superior Performance
With better selection comes better quality. Often retail stores need to carry lower quality products because these have lower costs which means higher profits for the retailer and more product moving through inventory. With these retail restrictions it is difficult to carry excellent quality products that might sit in inventory for a longer time without selling until the right customer comes along.
With wholesale casters you have access to the entire catalog from many different manufacturers to make your choice. So the ability to find a good quality caster is increased. Also, the prices are lower. Therefore, you can get a much better caster than you would at a retail store for less money.
Your Key to Wholesale Casters with Expert Advice
If you are looking to find the right caster at wholesale prices, Douglas Equipment is the place to turn. We have been in the quality caster and material handling equipment business for almost 60 years.
We have teamed up with over a dozen caster manufacturers so that we can get you the casters you need at prices much lower than a retail outlet. These alliances allow us to purchase greater quantities from these manufacturers, which guarantees us lower prices than many other outlets.
Call us at 1-800-451-0030. From our location in Miami, we can easily serve the needs of our caster suppliers throughout the entire United States. We can also quickly ship products to South America and the Caribbean as well. If you are ready to find the best caster at wholesale prices look no further and call now or contact us online. Our knowledgeable and dedicated service team is here to help you with any questions you may have.