If you are opening a new warehouse, you will quickly find that you can save a lot of time by having different ways to move loads around quickly and easily. This way you can have productive employees without putting their health & safety at risk by manually moving material and potentially straining their bodies. What can you provide that will make the heaviest loads seem easier to move while promoting productivity? The answer is warehouse equipment.
Douglas Equipment carries a diverse line of material handling equipment because we know that our customers have a variety of needs. We carry material handling equipment built with the toughest materials that are able to work in the most punishing environments. We have a winning combination of excellent products combined with our great customer service that will ensure that you find the type of material handling equipment you need every time.
Here is a small list of what we have to offer in each of the major categories of material handling equipment:
Hand Trucks for Light to Heavy Loads
When moving smaller loads around, especially on and off of a delivery truck having only ramp access, the hand truck is one of the most useful tools around.
- Wesco Greenline Economical 2-in-1 Hand Truck: This simple hand truck from Wesco has a steel construction with semi-pneumatic main wheels and additional solid rubber swivel casters. Dimensions are 20” in width, 48” in height, with 16” of depth having a capacity of 300 lbs. on 2 wheels and 400 lbs. on 4 wheels. This hand truck weighs 37 lbs. The hand truck has two large main wheels for moving objects vertically and two smaller wheels so that you can utilize the truck like a cart.
- Harper 800# 56T60 Hand Truck: This is truck from Harper Material Handling Equipment that has a continuous frame loop handle of 1 ¼ ” tubular steel with a ¼” beveled steel base plate. Unit dimensions are 50” in height, 20” in width, with a Base Plate that is 8” x 14”. Other wheel types are available as well like the 5/8 D-Lok axle that prevents the axle from spinning in its bracket, and the 10” polyflex wheels that provide maneuverability over curbs and obstructions with four curved frame straps that allow for handling of curved objects.
Dollies and Pallet Trucks for Medium to Heavy Sized Loads
For moving materials around on a flat surface, there is nothing that works as well as a pallet truck or dolly. These devices make it easy to propel loads, typically on skids or pallet, around the warehouse for relocation. Either manually propelled or electrically propelled, these units allow the employee to maneuver materials into place without strain on the back.
- Wesco 480020 Steel Deck Machine Dolly: This small dolly from Wesco has a steel construction with a very large capacity of 10,000 lbs. This dolly is made for moving large containers down a straight path with no loss of control. The dimensions are 8.5” in width, 2.5” in height, 11.75” in depth with a weight of 11.84 lbs.This dolly rides on 2” outside the diameter carbon steel radial thrust bearings for an ultra-low overall height. Since these bearings are placed on straight axles, they will not swivel.
- Semi-Electric Pallet Truck: This steel frame pallet truck incorporates an electric motor that aids in propelling the pallet truck when moving, but still relies on a manual hydraulic pump to raise the forks. The unit itself weighs 397 lbs. with 10” polyurethane steering wheels. Dimensions are 27” in width, 48.5” in height, 65.75” in depthwith a capacity of 2200 lbs.
- Long Fork Pallet Truck: This model has a steel construction with an extended fork for longer pallets. The unit weighs 308 lbs. and has 7” mold-on polyurethane steering wheels. Dimensions are 27” in width, 49” in height, 86” in depthwith a capacity of 4,460 lbs.
Lifting Equipment: When You Need to Place Materials on Shelving
Of course in a warehouse not everything is at floor level. Storage is often done by placing skids or pallets of material onto shelving until it is needed. In this case having a small and easily maneuvered unit that can move a load around and lift it onto and off of a shelving unit is ideal.
- Wesco Electric High Lift Pallet Truck: This 27 x 45 pallet truck from Wesco incorporates an electric scissor lift that allows you to raise the pallet load onto a low shelf, or simply into working position. The truck weighs 373 lbs. and incorporates size 6 mold-on Polyurethane wheels. Dimensions are 27” in width, 48.5” in height, 60” in depth with a capacity of 2,200 lbs. (45.46 cubic feet).
Drum Equipment: For Easily Handling Materials in Drums
If your warehouse will need to store and move drums around then it is important for the health & safety of your workers to have the right drum handling equipment so that the drums will not come loose causing a hazard.
- Wesco Drum Movers / Palletizers: These uniquely designed units from Wesco can lift a drum up to 19” high then quickly and easily move a heavy drum to and from a pallet. The unit works for drums made of rimmed steel, plastic or fiber with a minimum height of 28.5”, and has a capacity of 1,000 lbs. Simply move the drum palletizer to the drum, raise the head to automatically engage the upper drum rim, then the gripper holds the drum in an upright position for you to transport.
- Wesco GG-F2 Drum Fork Mount – Model GRIP: GATOR DBL Fork: If you already have a forklift, this steel attachment from Wesco allows two 55 gallon steel drums to be lifted and moved without additional pallets underneath. The unit weighs 340 lbs. with dimensions of 32” in width, 37” in height, 28” in depth with a capacity of 1,600 lbs.
The Place to Turn for Warehouse Equipment is Douglas Equipment
When you are choosing the right material handling equipment for a new warehouse you will have a lot of questions, and the knowledgeable team at Douglas Equipment is here to help. If you are an experienced warehouse manager, or relatively new to the job, we can help you find the right piece of equipment for the task at hand.
Douglas Equipment has been in the business of quality casters and material handling equipment since 1955.Our dedicated team is located in South Florida, which means we can easily service the entire United States, and we can also quickly ship products to South America and the Caribbean. If you are local to Miami you can call us at 305-888-3700, and national customers can call us toll free at 800-451-0030. If you would prefer to contact us online one of our service professionals will get back to you as soon as possible to help you find the right tool for your unique task.